Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)


Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility) category is for existing employees of an organisation that’s been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor. You will need to have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the work you will do in the UK.

The maximum total stay allowed for a Senior and Specialist Worker visa is:

  • 5 years in any 6-year period if you’re paid less than £73,900 a year.
  • 9 years in any 10 year period if you’re paid £73,900 a year or more

You will need to show that you have a job offer in the UK from an employer that holds a Tier 2 Sponsor License. The organisation you are transferring from must be listed as a linked entity on your Sponsor’s licence.

Dependants, spouse or partner and/or children of Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility) may join or remain with them in the UK as dependants. Generally, these individuals may work and study in the UK subject to certain restrictions.

We work with businesses of all sizes to ensure a smooth transition of overseas employees to positions in the UK. From working with the employer, to assigning the necessary Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) and managing the employee’s application process, we provide high-level service to ensure the best possible outcome.

Our solicitors have substantial experience and broad knowledge of the complex rules regarding Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility) and sponsor license applications and we assist clients from the planning phase through to the employee’s arrival in the UK. Accordingly, please do not hesitate to get in touch for expert advice if you require assistance in understanding these requirements and if you would like to know more about how to apply.