If you have a child who is a British citizen or who has settled status in the UK, there are provisions in the UK Immigration Rules which enable you to apply to join your child in the UK.The child must be under 18 and the applicant must have sole or shared parental responsibility.
You will have to provide evidence that you have either
- sole parental responsibility for the child; or
- access rights to the child; and
- also,that you are taking and intend to continue to take an active role in the child’s upbringing.
- You must be able to financially support yourself and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
- You must also satisfy the English Language requirement.
Family members can receive leave for up to 2.5 years and may apply to extend their stay. Leave under this category may lead to settlement.
From the planning stage through to the arrival of their relatives in the UK, we are able to assist with applications from beginning to end and we help clients navigate the complex application process. Accordingly, please do not hesitate to get in touch for expert advice if you require assistance in understanding these requirements and if you would like to know more about how to apply.